Wednesday, October 17, 2018

TAKING A BREAK

For all who were hoping for articles this week, I took some time in the basement so that my actual job doesn't get behind.  I can tell you that for one notable exception, it was a forgettable week in Elmira sports.  The girls' soccer team is still clinging to playoff hopes going into their Wednesday night game at Marist Catholic after beating Junction City 1-0 Tuesday October 16.

The Falcon's playoff chances in football took a serious blow after another crushing loss, this time 49-0 to powerful Marshfield, Friday October 12 in Coos Bay.  Elmira hosts Klamath Falls this Friday night in need of a convincing victory to move into contention for a play-in game. 

The boys soccer team lost to Junction City at Swartz Field 2-0 on Tuesday, October 17.  The girls' volleyball team's season ended with a straight set loss to Marshfield here in Elmira on the same night.

As the fall season winds down, I will be taking a break.  I will pick the blog up after my football broadcast on KOCF, 92.5 FM.  If you enjoy listening to live sports on 92.5, please write or call the station and tell them you want more Falcons sports on KOCF.  At this time, the station is projected to broadcast limited sports this winter. 

I will pick things up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment